Call For An Appointment:
Do You Suffer From Gum Disease?
If you’re noticing that your gums just aren’t as healthy as you’d like, you’re not alone. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, half of all adults in the United States have some type of periodontal disease.
Symptoms of gum disease:
- Red, swollen gums
- Bleeding gums (usually while brushing, flossing or eating hard foods)
- Loose teeth
- Receding gums
- Sores in the mouth
- Persistent bad breath
But gum disease is more than just an inconvenience — it can affect:
- Your teeth — Gum disease can weaken your gums and jaw bone to the point that you can lose teeth
- Your blood sugar — Research shows that gum disease may cause diabetics to have high blood sugar for longer durations
- Your heart — Gum disease has been linked to an increased risk of both heart attacks and strokes
- Your lungs — It’s possible to aspirate the bacteria grown in your gums, causing pneumonia and other respiratory diseases
- The birth of your baby — Studies indicate that periodontal disease can be a risk factor for preterm labor and giving birth to a low birth weight baby
Non-Surgical Treatment for Periodontal Disease
At Lifetime Smiles Adult & Pediatric Dentistry, we know how important it is to treat periodontal disease. That’s why we offer non-surgical treatments for our patients, including scaling and root planing, where we carefully clean the root surfaces of your teeth to remove plaque and tartar from the pockets in your gums.
Don’t Let Your Oral Health Suffer Any Longer
Contact our office today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Arzegar, and don’t let your gum disease affect your health for another day.